Skip to main content

Homeless Man Racially Abuses a Muslim Man, He Responds by Finding Him a Job and a Home .











 Bradford, England:



Aminur Chowdhury from Bradford, England was racially abused by homeless man Ben Gallon but rather than throw insults back, Aminur decided to engage in conversation with him and invited him to have a drink.
Aminur says: “Initially I turned the other cheek but then I was challenging Ben about what he had said to me, I stopped and had a chat with him for about 15 minutes.”

After speaking to Ben, Aminur said he can help him find a job and the pair exchanged contact details. Initially Ben thought he was only being polite about the job offer but he says he got a call from him the next day with a job interview at his friend’s business:
“The next day he gave me a call, said ‘can I come pick you up Ben, I’ve got an interview for you’. That same day, he came round to get me, drove me down to the place on Canal Road and then within ten minutes I had been offered the job.”

Aminur didn’t stop there, he also helped him find an apartment to rent in Bradford.
Ben, now regretting his actions says:
“There was no justification for me using those words.. Kudos to him for forgiving me, I regret it. A positive thing has happened out of this situation.”
“I’ve learned my lesson. What I said was completely out of character for me, I’m not a racist.”
“Things are starting to look up for me. I’ve started the job and it’s fantastic.”

Aminur explains what motivated him to respond the way he did:
“I was targeted for racist abuse but a great way of overcoming racism is to show some tolerance…I realise I can’t put the world to rights but I can try to educate people.”
“This is a great way of teaching Asian people across Bradford of how to respond to racism. The more love you show, the more endeared they will be to you,”.

Some of the worst racially aggravated riots took place in Bradford in 2001 between the large and growing British Asian communities and the city’s white majority, which resulted in 300 police officers being hurt and 297 arrests being made. Both men now hope this positive story helps improves the relations of different races and people of religions in the community.
This story is indeed a great lesson for us all and highlights the best way of winning people’s hearts – good character. The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also won people over with his good character and many people went onto embrace Islam because of that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Unknown Facts About Hajr Al Aswad Every Muslim Must Know.

The Hajr-e-Aswad also known as The Black Stone is set in the eastern corner of the Holy Kaaba. The Tawaf is started and ended by facing this sacred black stone. Over the years, throughout history, numerous people which included the Prophets of Allah (Peace be upon them) and the Holy Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him), the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased with them) and other pious Muslim personalities have performed Hajj and Umrah around the Holy Kaaba and have also placed their blessed lips on the Holy Stone. Today we are going to present some lesser-known facts about Hajr-e-Aswad.[irp] 1-The Hajr-e-Aswad also known as The Black Stone was brought down from heaven (Jannah) and was presented to Ibrahim (peace be upon him) so that he could place it in the corner of the Kaaba. Sunan an-Nasa'i 2935 2-The Hajr-e-Aswad was reportedly stolen from the Holy Kaaba during 930 CE by the Qarmatian warriors. These warriors sacked Makkah while desecrating the Well of ZamZam with corpses ...

London mosque first to accepts Bitcoin for Zakat

LONDON: The Shacklewell Lane Mosque also known as Masjid Ramadan in Dalston becomes the first mosque in the UK to take Cryptocurrencies for Zakat and Sadaqah donations this Ramadan. Zakat is one of the pillars of of Islam, which is a commandment to all eligible Muslims to donate at least 2.5% of their wealth to charity. Religious advisers declared that Bitcoin is acceptable in the eyes of Allah, if it is “transacted in a lawful manner”. Muslims can use two different cryptocurrencies-Bitcoin and Ethereum for their Ramadan donations, known as zakat, or sadaqah. “Any money or currency is neither halal – permissible – nor haram – impermissible. Guidance is about the value which it represents. If money is transacted in a lawful manner then it is halal,” Zayd al Khair, a religious adviser at the mosque, told ‘The Daily Telegraph’. Erkin Guney, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Masjid Ramadan, Zayd al Khair, an Islamic advisor at the mosque, and Gurmit Singh, found...