Skip to main content

My Journey from Christianity to Spirituality and Then to Islam

My Journey from Christianity to Spirituality and Then to Islam


This is a story we received from a sister on our facebook page @aamslm. She requested to remain anonymous and therefore we are not publishing her name.

Salam alaykum,

February 19th 2014 is when I said my shahada, Alhamdolilah. Growing up, my family was never really religious people. They did however claim to be Christian. I can remember attending church a few times as a child but nothing more.

As I got older in to my teenage years I really became ‘spiritual’ and tried really hard to connect myself with God. I remember reading the Bible over and over and could never understand or make sense out of it. I tried for a few years to get connected to Jesus (pbuh) but was very unsuccessful. My whole life I was always told that Jesus was my God. Every time I tried it just didn’t feel right. I felt uninterested and just disconnected all together so I gave up.

I accepted the fact that Christianity just wasn’t for me but I remained spiritual. I prayed every evening before bed: I thank God for my many blessings and continued to do what felt right in my heart.

Fast forward a couple years and I had landed a job working with 90 percent Muslims. My coworker (now husband MashaAllah) and I would work really long hours together and we would always talk about Islam. We would have debates and he ALWAYS won. I remember one particular time I was trying really hard to defend the Christian religion and no matter how hard I tried he would come back with something better.

After that night is when my interest for Islam became. One night I was reading Quran and was asking a bunch of questions. On this night I felt strongly connected into the Quran, more connected than any other previous times. When my husband and I went to sleep that night and I had a dream. This dream changed my whole life! The next morning I woke up and told my husband I was ready to take my shahada, Alhamdolilah. God showed me my way to Islam through my dream, SubhanAllah. My husband told me he did a special prayer for me that night and asked Allah to guide me to the right path. I thank God for saving my life. Alhamdolilah for everything.

Thank you, Salam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Unknown Facts About Hajr Al Aswad Every Muslim Must Know.

The Hajr-e-Aswad also known as The Black Stone is set in the eastern corner of the Holy Kaaba. The Tawaf is started and ended by facing this sacred black stone. Over the years, throughout history, numerous people which included the Prophets of Allah (Peace be upon them) and the Holy Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him), the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased with them) and other pious Muslim personalities have performed Hajj and Umrah around the Holy Kaaba and have also placed their blessed lips on the Holy Stone. Today we are going to present some lesser-known facts about Hajr-e-Aswad.[irp] 1-The Hajr-e-Aswad also known as The Black Stone was brought down from heaven (Jannah) and was presented to Ibrahim (peace be upon him) so that he could place it in the corner of the Kaaba. Sunan an-Nasa'i 2935 2-The Hajr-e-Aswad was reportedly stolen from the Holy Kaaba during 930 CE by the Qarmatian warriors. These warriors sacked Makkah while desecrating the Well of ZamZam with corpses ...

London mosque first to accepts Bitcoin for Zakat

LONDON: The Shacklewell Lane Mosque also known as Masjid Ramadan in Dalston becomes the first mosque in the UK to take Cryptocurrencies for Zakat and Sadaqah donations this Ramadan. Zakat is one of the pillars of of Islam, which is a commandment to all eligible Muslims to donate at least 2.5% of their wealth to charity. Religious advisers declared that Bitcoin is acceptable in the eyes of Allah, if it is “transacted in a lawful manner”. Muslims can use two different cryptocurrencies-Bitcoin and Ethereum for their Ramadan donations, known as zakat, or sadaqah. “Any money or currency is neither halal – permissible – nor haram – impermissible. Guidance is about the value which it represents. If money is transacted in a lawful manner then it is halal,” Zayd al Khair, a religious adviser at the mosque, told ‘The Daily Telegraph’. Erkin Guney, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Masjid Ramadan, Zayd al Khair, an Islamic advisor at the mosque, and Gurmit Singh, found...

Ruling on hanging Quranic verses of the Holy Book on Walls

Hanging Quranic Verses? Allowed or not? when visiting Muslims, I noticed that several of them put verses of the Holy book on the walls or photos with the names God & prophet. I know a lot of Muslims assume that it’s good to do so as a result of it’ll protect them and their house. Personally, I consider it a form of shirk or superstition. Is there any ruling on that subject? Praise be to God. Hanging clothes & plaques containing ayah of the Holy book in houses, social clubs etc involves a variety of prohibitions & reservations per Islam, like the following: (1) In most cases, hanging quranic verses on the wall is done for purposes of adornment & decoration, as the aayaah etc. are written in colorful brocade & calligraphy. This is an inappropriate use of the Holy book because it was revealed to read regularly & to guide individuals. The Holy book wasn’t revealed to decorate walls, however, to guide mankind. (2)In order to reduce their feeling...