Skip to main content

I Planned to Destroy Islam, And I Became Muslim.

I Planned to Destroy Islam, I Became Muslim

The story of how I reverted to Islam is a story of plans.
I made plans; the group I was with made plans, and Allah made plans. And Allah is the Best of Planners.
When I was a teenager, I came to the attention of a group of people with a very sinister agenda. They were and probably still are a loose association of individuals who work in government positions but have a special agenda — to destroy Islam. It is not a governmental group that I am aware of, they simply use their positions in the US government to advance their cause.
One member of this group approached me because he saw that I was articulate, motivated and very much the women’s rights advocate. He told me that if I studied International Relations with an emphasis in the Middle East, he would guarantee me a job at the American Embassy in Egypt. He wanted me to eventually go there to use my position in the country to talk to Muslim women and encourage the fledgling women’s rights movement.
I thought this was a great idea. I had seen the Muslim women on TV; I knew they were a poor oppressed group, and I wanted to lead them to the light of 20th century freedom.
With this intention, I went to college and began my education. I studied Quran, hadith and Islamic history. I also studied the ways I could use this information. I learned how to twist the words to say what I wanted them to say. It was a valuable tool.
Once I started learning, however, I began to be intrigued by this message. It made sense. That was very scary. Therefore, in order to counteract this effect, I began to take classes in Christianity. I chose to take classes with this one professor on campus because he had a good reputation and he had a Ph.D. in Theology from Harvard University. I felt I was in good hands. I was, but not for the reasons I thought. It turns out that this professor was a Unitarian Christian. He did not believe in the trinity or the divinity of Jesus. In actuality, he believed that Jesus was a prophet.
He proceeded to prove this by taking the Bible from its sources in Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic and show where they were changed. As he did this, he showed the historical events which shaped and followed these changes.
By the time I finished this class, my religion had been destroyed, but I was still not ready to accept Islam.
As time went on, I continued to study, for myself and for my future career. This took about three years. In this time, I would question Muslims about their beliefs. One of the Individuals I questioned was a Muslim brother with the MSA [Muslim Students’ Association]. Alhamdulllah, he saw my interest in the deen, and made it a personal effort to educate me about Islam. He would tell me about Islam at every opportunity which presented itself.
One day, this man contacts me, and he tells me about a group of Muslims who were visiting in town. He wanted me to meet them. I agreed. I went to meet with them after Isha [night] prayer. I was led to a room with at least 20 men in it. They all made space for me to sit, and I was placed face to face with an elderly Pakistani gentleman.
Mashallah, this brother was a very knowledgeable man in matters of Christianity. He and I discussed and argued the varying parts of the bible and the Quran until the fajr [dawn prayer]. At this point, after having listened to this wise man tell me what I already knew, based on the class I had taken in Christianity, he did what no other individual had ever done. He invited me to become a Muslim.
In the three years I had been searching and researching, no one had ever invited me. I had been taught, argued with and even insulted, but never invited.
So when he invited me, it clicked. I realized this was the time. I knew it was the truth, and I had to make a decision. Alhamdulillah [All praise be to Allah], Allah opened my heart, and I said, “Yes. I want to be a Muslim.”
With that, the man led me in the shahadah [the testimony of faith] – in English and in Arabic.
When I took the shahadah, I felt the strangest sensation. I felt as if a huge, physical weight had just been lifted off my chest; I gasped for breath as if I were breathing for the first time in my life.
Alhamdulillah, Allah had given me a new life — a clean slate — a chance for Jannah [Paradise], and I pray that I live the rest of my days and die as a Muslim.
Ameen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How would India react if Hindu girl was raped in mosque: Ex IPS Sanjiv Bhatt on Kathua rape

New Delhi: Former Indian Police Service officer from Gujarat, Sanjiv Bhatt who is known for his role in filing an affidavit in the SC against the then Gujarat CM and now PM, Narendra Modi, concerning his alleged participation in the 2002 Gujarat riots; has said ‘what would have happened if the situation was reversed in the Kathua rape case’ and the criminals were Muslims. Sanjiv Bhatt (IPS) ✔ @sanjivbhatt Just imagine how Indian media and public would have reacted to a Hindu girl being abducted, abused, raped and killed by several Muslim men while being hidden inside a mosque? All Hindus who are silent about this ghastly crime that has been committed in their name are complicit. 11:46 PM - Apr 11, 2018 2,467 1,560 people are talking about this Twitter Ads info and privacy Bhatt tweeted on Wednesday “Just imagine how Indian media and public would have reacted to a Hindu girl being abducted, abused, raped and killed by several ...

KIND TREATMENT OF WIVES

God instructs men to be nice to their wives and to treat them well to the best of their ability: "…And live with them in kindness…" (Quran 4:19) The Messenger of God said, The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character.   The best of you are those who are the best to their women.’[1]   The Prophet of Mercy tells us that a husband’s treatment of his wife reflects a Muslim’s good character, which in turn is a reflection of the man’s faith.   How can a Muslim husband be good to his wife?   He should smile, not hurt her emotionally, remove anything that will harm her, treat her gently, and be patient with her. Being nice includes good communication.   A husband should be willing to open up, and be willing to listen to his wife.   Many times a husband wants to air his frustrations (like work).   He should not forget to ask her about what annoys her (like when children would not do their homework).   A husband ...

Ruling on breaking the fast in order to play football when travelling and otherwise.

Q uestion: What is the ruling on football players breaking the fast during the day in Ramadan, because it is too difficult for them to do their work, especially since the people in charge asked for the matches to be delayed until night time, but the secular authorities refused. What is the ruling on players breaking the fast in the event of travel, meaning that they travel to play in another city? What is the ruling on fan breaking the fast because they will be travelling to watch a football game? Please note that the match may be shown on television. Is the ruling different if they travel to compete against non-Muslim countries? Is the ruling affected by the fact that the player’s ‘awrah is visible, namely part of his thigh? What is the ruling on travelling as a tourist to swim at a resort for the purpose of relaxation? A nswer: Praise be to Allah Firstly: There is nothing wrong with playing football if it is not for money or prizes, and it does not distract on...