Skip to main content

I’m Pregnant from Zina, and Refused to Abort the Child



Questions:
Salam alaykum.I committed Zina, now I am pregnant. The person I committed Zina with and my friends and family thinks it is better to have an abortion since the guy has refused to marry me. He is also an unbeliever. I know this is compounding my sins, but I don’t know what to do. I just hope Allah will forgive me. The man has said he will never take responsibilities if I have the child. I however intend to. Please advice me.
Answer:
As salamu alaykum dear sister,
I am sorry to hear about the situation you are in. While I do not know your age, how many months you are pregnant or the financial circumstances, it is a hard decision nonetheless. All these would have been dependent upon my response, however, I will try to address this the best way I can based on what you have written.
First, I am not an Islamic scholar, therefore I would refer you to our “Ask the Scholar” section of our website for questions about abortion, length of pregnancy, circumstances etc. With that said, I feel that as you said you intended to have the child, then I would go ahead and plan on having this child. Yes, Allah hates abortion and yes Allah has given you this child for only Allah can bring forth life.
I would kindly suggest sister that if you have not already, that you repent to Allah for the zina, get your life together in terms of getting closer to Allah and an having Islamic (life) foundation from which to seek shelter, comfort and mercy in Him. Please do start going to the Masjid if you are not already, keep your prayers and study Islam so you are prepared to raise a child as a strong striving Muslimah, renewed in her faith.
As you know, this will not be an easy road at first. Please do see who will be there from your family and circle of friends to be supportive. Make a list of the obstacles you may face during and after the pregnancy as well as the benefits of all of this. There are blessings in this sister. Sometimes Allah will bring to us a seemingly horrific situation to bring us closer to Him. There are blessings in hardships. It will be the way we handle it and how much we draw close to Allah which will determine the outcome.
Insha’Allah if you do continue with the pregnancy, you may experience some talk regarding your situation. Ignore it. As long as you are on the right path, it is no one’s business nor concern if you are pregnant. Everyone sins, all of us. If we truly repent and ask Allah for forgiveness, then it is between us and Allah and no one else. If men could get pregnant, imagine all the babies there would be-and all of the talk.
Concerning the guy who is the father, there are laws in certain countries which can be used to make him pay child support. Utilize this if you reside in one of those countries. As far as him being non-Muslim, well, there are a lot of Muslim men who have left similar situations so his status is irrelevant. It’s your Islamic practice that will determine your and your child’s outcome at this point, not his. It’s your body and your conscious.
Please do take these moments sister to reflect upon a new life as a mom and as a young Muslimah with a renewed faith and obedience to Allah SWT. As you were previously not following the deen, perhaps this child is a blessing-saving you from the further perils of this dunya. I respect you and your decision sister.
We wish you the best, you are in our prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How would India react if Hindu girl was raped in mosque: Ex IPS Sanjiv Bhatt on Kathua rape

New Delhi: Former Indian Police Service officer from Gujarat, Sanjiv Bhatt who is known for his role in filing an affidavit in the SC against the then Gujarat CM and now PM, Narendra Modi, concerning his alleged participation in the 2002 Gujarat riots; has said ‘what would have happened if the situation was reversed in the Kathua rape case’ and the criminals were Muslims. Sanjiv Bhatt (IPS) ✔ @sanjivbhatt Just imagine how Indian media and public would have reacted to a Hindu girl being abducted, abused, raped and killed by several Muslim men while being hidden inside a mosque? All Hindus who are silent about this ghastly crime that has been committed in their name are complicit. 11:46 PM - Apr 11, 2018 2,467 1,560 people are talking about this Twitter Ads info and privacy Bhatt tweeted on Wednesday “Just imagine how Indian media and public would have reacted to a Hindu girl being abducted, abused, raped and killed by several ...

KIND TREATMENT OF WIVES

God instructs men to be nice to their wives and to treat them well to the best of their ability: "…And live with them in kindness…" (Quran 4:19) The Messenger of God said, The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character.   The best of you are those who are the best to their women.’[1]   The Prophet of Mercy tells us that a husband’s treatment of his wife reflects a Muslim’s good character, which in turn is a reflection of the man’s faith.   How can a Muslim husband be good to his wife?   He should smile, not hurt her emotionally, remove anything that will harm her, treat her gently, and be patient with her. Being nice includes good communication.   A husband should be willing to open up, and be willing to listen to his wife.   Many times a husband wants to air his frustrations (like work).   He should not forget to ask her about what annoys her (like when children would not do their homework).   A husband ...

Ruling on breaking the fast in order to play football when travelling and otherwise.

Q uestion: What is the ruling on football players breaking the fast during the day in Ramadan, because it is too difficult for them to do their work, especially since the people in charge asked for the matches to be delayed until night time, but the secular authorities refused. What is the ruling on players breaking the fast in the event of travel, meaning that they travel to play in another city? What is the ruling on fan breaking the fast because they will be travelling to watch a football game? Please note that the match may be shown on television. Is the ruling different if they travel to compete against non-Muslim countries? Is the ruling affected by the fact that the player’s ‘awrah is visible, namely part of his thigh? What is the ruling on travelling as a tourist to swim at a resort for the purpose of relaxation? A nswer: Praise be to Allah Firstly: There is nothing wrong with playing football if it is not for money or prizes, and it does not distract on...